RN to EMT Transition
Over the years, several RNs have used our program to add an EMT license to their healthcare qualifications.
In order to do this, the RN can take our abbreviated online EMT course (about 30 hours), have current BLS certification, and pass the NREMT Psychomotor Skills Exam, then take the NREMT cognitive exam.
Here is the checklist for the RN to EMT challenge:
- Pre-requisites: Must have a valid and current registered nursing credential.
- Entry Requirements: Must meet current NREMT entry requirements.
- Complete an NREMT EMT initial application.
- Complete an EMT initial application online with your state EMS board (or wait until after you're NREMT certified).
- Complete our online self-paced course and associated materials, including BLS Provider certification.
- Attend our skills day - training and testing out on the practical skills exam.
- Cognitive Examination: Scheduled through the NREMT (cost is $104) and taken at a Pearson Vue Professional Center or Pearson Vue Select Center.
When you're ready to begin, use our online registration form and select "RN to EMT Course"!